Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 103

Today's awesomeness was really easy to see. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate directly in the use of the awesomeness today, but I did help the person that was using it. Is that cryptic enough for you?


Yes, that is Nathaniel, he works at my church and he is floating in mid air. Ok, so he is on a lift. It is a Genie Z-30/20N Boom to be exact. Very awesome.

So here is the story. I had breakfast with me mother this morning, which was quite awesome. She works at our church. She got a few phone calls while we were chatting, most about work. One of them, she said, was about someone needing to get to something high, and how do they do that. My mother told them to get a hold of our facilities manager. Then I told my mother that whenever they did have a lift available, I wanted to make sure some of the lights in the ceiling got refocused in the room we have our service.

As it turns out, the lift was there today and being returned later in the day. If I wanted something to happen, I needed to get up there ASAP. So after my mom and I walked through Laumeier Sculpture Park, I headed to church. We finally refocused those lights. Now, when we have the light on the pastor during the sermon, there is not a group of people on the right side of the room with a spotlight on them. Hooray!

Here is a picture of the lift at full extension.


Part of me is glad I was not the one on the lift, even if they are a ton of fun.

Task o' The Day: I'm gonna give you two. First, do somthing that involves heights. It could be anything from going up in the Arch, to riding a lift such as this one, or even a roller coaster. Just something that involves being way off the ground. Or, if you don't do that, help someone out, preferably at your church. If you don't go to church, then help out someone you know that could need help with something. Anything from moving to landscaping to whatever else they may need. Post what you did (Thanks John for participating yesterday, I have added The Thomas Crown Affair to my queue!).

Here is my picture, taken while I controlled the lights and Nathaniel focused them.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

John said...

This was a very, um, uplifting post! When you watch TTCA, pay particular attention to the chess game scene between Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. It's one of the classics in the history of cinema.