Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 199 (a day late)

First off...I'm a day late on this (sorry Ben), but I'm excited about the chance to sit in for Ben for a day while he's out chasing lions or whatever it is he's doing today.  Actually, speaking of Ben...I think it's awesome that he's taken several days away from his normal routine to take advantage of the opportunity to try something new.  In this case, traveling out of the country.  It'll be interesting to see what stories he has to tell when he gets back.

So for today (i mean yesterday) the subject of awesomeness is "taking advantage of new opportunities."  Because when you do that, you never know what it might lead to.

For me, about two years ago I took advantage of the opportunity to join a band with some old friends from college.  Now two years later, I've played over 100 shows and spend most of my weekends traveling around the country playing music that I love.  All because I took advantage of a new opportunity.  Pretty cool when you think about it.

- Joe McGill



(This is me in Nashville, TN where I'll be playing tonight with my band, Fundamental Elements)

No comments: